LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soumya prakash (Student)     07 June 2013

Long term lease

My family had taken a property on lease, 5 cents of land, for a period of 99 years. the lease period has not expired yet but the lessor wants to the property back. when approached a lawyer, he said we can even claim ownership of the property.

i am a law student. but, i could find judgments only in the lessoe's favour stating that long term lease cannot be said to be ownership.

can you please help me with certain judgemnts which says long term lessee is the owner of the leased property?

Learning

2 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     07 June 2013

I will be enlightened, if there are any judgments to the effect that the long term lease amounts to "ownership". There is no such law. It is a long term lease only, and if your lease is terminated under a notice to quit, you have to quit, or you will be a tenant by holding over. At the most you can be treated as tenant till the judicial proceedings are over and judgment settling the rights is pronounced. 

thinagar (M.D)     07 June 2013

s ur question is wrong the word lease clearly tells about ur rights on property. u can use the land for that peroid u cannot become owner of the land.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register