LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UMA SHANKAR SINGH   10 December 2016

Lok adalat notice for settlement of pending phone bill

Dear Sir, I would like submit a query for your kind guidance .As a matter of fact I had been the user oand customer of BSNL landline phone with broadband facility till two years back .In spite of several complaints and reminder through phone but no action was done .I could not pay the phone bill for two three months due to some reasons and the telephone permanently was permanently withdrawn instead of temporary disconnection without sending any notice and the number was allotted to a new customer and now after two years I got a notice through Lok Adalat to appear on a date in last week of Decemebr 16.I would seek your guidance as to how to make a move now while I am ready to pay the pending bill  (around 3000 three thosands) to the BSNL with my compaliny  as to how my phone was permanntly disconnected without surrender or final hand over.can the amount be paid to BSNL without going to Lok Adalat on the desinated date as I will not be available on the date for a right reason .Can the dispute be amicably settled even before the date Kindly guide and support .Regards UMA SHANKAR SINGH

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2016

If you have record of complaints made and complaint numbers you can narrate in your representation and pay the bill ( under proper acknowledgment) and agitate later in appropriate forum.........................

If you can not appear send your counsel.

If you have paid then ask BSNL to withdraw complaint under proper intimation to you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 December 2016

Better show all record to your own counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 December 2016

yOU CAN MOVE  THE dISTRIC TCOURT  THROUGH WHICH YOUR CASE HAS GONE TO LOK ADALAT YOU SEEK POSTPONEMENT OF YOUR CASE     DECISION BETWEEN YOU AND THE BSNL FOR  GOING OUT OF STATION ON THE DATE SCHEDULE FOR LOK ADALAT HEARNG OF YOU RCASE. OR ASK FOR A  PREDATE TO DECIDSE Y0UR CASE. lOK ADALATS WONT TAKE MORE TIME TO DISPOSE OF YOUR CASE. AT THE MOST  20 MINUTES TO HALF AN HOUR  TIME ONLY THEY REQUIRE TO HEAR YOU AND ISSUE  A BINDING DECREE WHICH IS EQUVALENT TO A CIVIL COURT DECREE.iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS  ANSWER PLEASE GIVE ME ALL MY PROFILE LIKES.

rahul abhyankar (advocate)     11 December 2016

why you need to gotolok adalat? simply approach the consumer court by hiring a good lawyer from ur area. the default in service by any company like bsnl in ur case and they are demanding the bills of bad service. it has become an habit of telecom companies to harras the client and extort moneies.. .. Approach Consumer Court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 December 2016

If M/s BSNL has been deficient in service pull them to DCDRF.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register