lok adalat award in civil case

Dear Seniors, 

Recently, a Civil case (Partition) that is running since 1990 was directed to Lok Adalat for settlement. Accordingly, the Lok Adalat awarded the case and cleaned their hands and ordered them for payment to us.  But the other party who is to pay us amounts has not paid as per the Lok Adalat Order.  

1. Do I need to move an EP now in the same court from where it is routed to Lok Adalat ??. If so,

2. Is it required to file throu advocate or can I file the same as Party in Person ??.. 

3. Do we need to add stamp duty in the EP.

4. Please let me know the draft model of EP to use the same with little customization..

Your inputs will enable me to take up and help somebody who is in need.






Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

 if a compromise is reached, an award is made and is binding on the parties. It is enforced as a decree of a civil court. 

# An important aspect is that the award is final and cannot be appealed, not even under Article 226 because it is a judgement by consent.
# All proceedings of a Lok Adalat are deemed to be judicial proceedings and every Lok Adalat is deemed to be a Civil Court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x