LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish (Driver)     05 May 2015

Lodge complaint against builder


I am facing the problem with a builder , we booked the land in Virar near Mumbai 2013 until now we didn’t received the possession and they provide us allotment letter that is valid for 3 month. we paid Rs. 20 lac in that 9 Lac cash paid to the sales Manager who was working on that time. now he left the company . How we can give complaint against the builder? can we get our refund Rs. 20 Lac or only 11Lac ?

we have affidavit for Rs. 9 Lac  cash  signed by sales Manager . Is that paper will be useful? Can we  lodge legal complaint again Builder and Sales Manager


Kindly advise


 6 Replies

bsrao   05 May 2015

Yes. You are entitled for the refund of entire money paid with interest from the date of such payment till the date of repayment. File a consumer complaint in the State Commission as your claim is more than 20 Lakh. Affidavit also is a receipt for the purpose of your complaint. Also, claim deficiency of services by the developer. Do not mention the word investment anywhere in your complaint.

girish (Driver)     06 May 2015

Many Thanks Sir, 

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     31 March 2018

Posted by: Nitish Banka  Categories: Uncategorized 


If you are a flat buyer and still waiting for possession of your dream flat and there has been years of delay now. You are also paying Rent and EMI you are financially drained and want to get out of the mess.

One option is you go for legal remedy in court of law RERA or consumer forum individually which will again cost you more and more money and also time. This is an old technique which many people are using.

Image result for builder complaints

Other option is you search for other people like you and you will find around 100-200 people who are affected by false promises made by builder.

But how this is going to help you…

If you form a group of at least 5-10 people to start with. You can initiate a legal proceedings against builder in NCDRC consumer forum under 12(1)(C) of consumer forum

Again a legal proceeding I don’t want to get into all this…

Well this is a different procedure here you file a case in a group like 5-10 people.

What about legal cost?

Since you are filing a single complaint against builder so cost factor is minimum as compared to individual complaint.

Like individual complaint cost increases as your case progresses in this case the legal cost reduces as more and more people become part of the complaint.

Is it effective.

Since may people will join for a cause it is an effective way to put pressure on builder to settle as number of people are bound to increase as case progesses.

This way at low cost you will get effective remedy.

to know more just mail your query at nitish@lexspeak.in

Adv. Nitish Banka


Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

File a suit against the builder in District Court. Take out a notice of motion for urgent reliefs. 

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

You wont get any urgent reliefs since you have been sleeping over your rights all this while. So just file the notice of motion application and wait for it to be listed on case board. 

Kul   07 April 2018


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads