LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek Prasanna   12 December 2017

Loc issued on dowry harrasment case

Hi, My wife moved back from USA to India just couple of months ago along with my baby and immediately filed a dowry harassment case on me and my family members. Baby was born just 6 months back. Initially we had planned for joint trip to India but due to some reasons she had to travel alone.Once she landed, she made all sorts of allegations on me and my parents . I was told they have put a look out notice to detain me when I enter. I have already booked my tickets(Jan 10) to India. Could someone guide me on how to handle this situation? When do immigration officials know there is LOC on my name? Is there any way to skip the immigration line?

Learning

6 Replies

test123   12 December 2017

LOC is issued without your knowledge.

which ever sources gave you this info is Bullsh*tting with you.

test123   12 December 2017

LOC is issued without your knowledge.

which ever sources gave you this info is Bullsh*tting with you.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 December 2017

LOC is issued by the DCP of Police of the district only if there exist a registered FIR of cognizable offence like 498A, etc, IPC against the accused and such accused is not responding or avoiding or ignoring to the summon sent to him by the Police or court to appear for investigation purposes.

The LOC if exist that cannot stop you to enter India, but as soon you are through Immigration at Airport, your name shall appear in their Computer system in the list of all those person against whom LOC is issued throughout India. At that time you will be handed over to local police of the district where you landed, The local police than call the Police of the district where the LOC was originated, who will pick you and produce you before the judicial magistrate of the district court where the criminal complaint/FIR is registered and is being investigated. Important thing is that LOC can be issued if the complete details of the accused, his passport details etc. are known to the police if that is not know it is not possible to identify the person at Immigration.

If the FIR is already registered against you, you should be in touch with local advocate of the district so that your anticipatory bail application be moved and order obtained from the District Session Court or High Court so that you may not be kept in custody and released by the Police immediately.

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     12 December 2017

If you can avoid coming to India, please do so.

Bala   03 May 2018

Hello Vivek,

I had recent experience .I came to know about the LOC when i arrived at the immigration ( New Delhi ) . But my lawyer did a great job in getting NBW suspension order  . I carried the same while travelling to india and i showed the same to Immigration officer .  Thats all they needed  . Officer got the NBW Suspension  order verified with Police station (  it took around 3 hrs for the verification process ) and immigration  let me go  .. 

Later on i attended court proceeding couple of times in 2 weeks time and got the NBW cancelled without any issues  .

Please feel free  to email me at balakotaj@gmail.com  if you need more details 

Good luck 

Bala

Mohammed Khan (Engineer)     27 May 2018

Hi 

I am also in same situation to know whether LOC is issued or not against to my case. My case is still in the FIR stage and there is no charge sheet filed yet since an year and I would like travel to India and abroad without travel restirctions.  I have no warrants or summons issued so far. 

Is there any possibility we can know whether LOC is issued or not? What are thes sources to get this information (apart from Police depart)?

If the LOC is issued how long will it take for the complete process to go back to abrouad by lifting travel restrictions?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register