Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Barjinder singh (n/a)     13 July 2018

loc after aquittal

Respected members
My friend had aquitted in a criminal case in 2016.LOC was opened by police in 2009.Now, he wants to travel abroad with his family.He wanted to know that is that LOC can cause any problems while crossing immigration?He has been aquitted moreover LOC is for two years maximum.Thanks in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

Raghav Arora   13 July 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question!

First of all, here, the offense regarding which the LOC was issued will have to be concerned. If it was a heinous crime, then the procedure may stall for a very long time. If it was something not too heinous in the category itself, then the procedure shall be less complex, but not all clear.

Now, the first thing you need to do is to get the LOC clearance/cancellation order from the court that issued the LOC in the first place. Obtain certified copies from the court and send them to the IO/SP/DSP and the officers concerned with the case and the Nodal officer to get the LOC cleared from the immigration offices, if still there.

When all this procedure has been duly completed and you get a report that the LOC has been cleared, from the immigration officer himself, you can travel. Remember, only the court orders would not help as the immigration officers face a lot of fake LOC clearances and thus they have to confirm it from the originator himself, which stalls the procedure for long. I hope this helps you!

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you sir
it was FIR u/s 420,467,.my friends name was not in f I r.it was included after custodial interrogation of accused

once he visited abroad after taking permission from the trial court after bail

Raghav Arora   13 July 2018

If he was acquitted and also his name is not in the FIR plus it has been almost 9 years since LOC was opened, it should be easy for him to travel even with the court's permission as he did earlier. However, I would suggest that he gets a proper and permanent clearance fron court and the immigration authorities once and for all.
1 Like

Thank you sir
1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     14 July 2018

All Criminal cases do not flow the immigration. Only in select cases where the culprit should not be allowed to leave the country, the passport details of such individual shall be reported to Immigration and when such passport is presented, the computer flasshes the warning to the Official on the Immigration Desk. Then such person may not be allowed to leave the country.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register