LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrs. pratima (Researcher/scientist)     01 December 2011

Loan from a national bank

We have taken a home loan from SBI for about 21 lakhs and the builder had received about 9 lakh as two installment....but after that the construction of flat was stopped and we have also given as 3 lakh rupees cash during booking of the flat.

after few days back we heard that some problem in the land, as it was claimed by a company that it was company's land and now we are in confuse.....what to do.....some case is going on in between the company and the builder....

main problem is that my EMI amount is deducting everymonth from my salary please help me what to do..........



 6 Replies

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     01 December 2011

Dear Pratima

Get a good lawyer Send him the LEGAL NOTICE and ask builder to pay back the money that u paid till date 



1 Like

mrs. pratima (Researcher/scientist)     01 December 2011

Thanks for reply Abhijeet ji...he has given a post dated cheque as settlement( when we went for a FIR, he had agrred for settlement and given a  post dated cheque to us)) for only the money he has received but not the the cheque was bounced last week due to insufficient fund in his account.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2011

Has he given a letter also stating he is paying the amount collected from you vide cheque number Rs............drawn on bank name......branch........?

Has he appeared before police and statement as above or has the police recorded in file that cheque has been given?

Kindly approach your lawyer as ap and proceed legally and peruse the FIR as well.

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 December 2011

Checque was bounced so u given a legal notice (as per Negotiable Instument Act, Section 138) to the builder OR If u get interest from Builder so u file a Civil Suit for that. 

1 Like

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     01 December 2011

pl ask your advocate to file a complaint under section 138 of negotiable instrument act for non repayment of the cheque amount.

1 Like

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     06 December 2011

Send Him the legal notice for violation of section 138 and provide reason for which post dated cheques were given



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query