Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Onkar (MT)     21 March 2011

LLB and CS

I have seen many advocates in practice boasting ACS, LLB degree... I want to know whether a person is allowed to practice both professions simultaneously???

My personal interest in this question is that I am an advocate registered with Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa but not practising. Instead I am undergoing "Management Training" (appeariing for Finals too) with a company which would enable me to get the Associated status with ICSI after completion..

I just want to know, is there any case where i would not have to surreneder any of the certificates of practices,  i.e. "sanad" and "cop" of cs???


 6 Replies

nisha sanjayan (advocate)     22 March 2011

i think you cant practice both simultaneously.As per advocates Act an advocate should not engage in any other business trade or have to suspend your enrolment if you practice as CS

Onkar (MT)     22 March 2011

same was my interpretation of the situation unltil i saw some practising advocates boasting "ACS"...

when somebody says "advocate Supreme court" it means he s practising but i saw few who also add ACSto their names...

it is all confusing.. i doubt whether exact position is known to anybody (which i think should be as said above i.e.e only one profession is allowed)... in some or the other disguise people are practising both...

issue is the same when people add ACA, ACS simultaneously... pls enlighten on the subject...

sanjay aggarwal (LAWYER)     23 March 2011

As per advocates Act an advocate should not do any other business or profession. (     31 March 2011

Out of  all these i.e. CA, CS, CWA and LLB a person can practice only in one at a time.

but he/she can do practice in other field also after surrender the old practising certificate.

preety (independent advocate)     11 March 2012

i am an advocate enrolled in 2010 (bar council of maharashtra and goa).i lost my sanad .what is the procedure to get a new one.

ponraj.vr Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2012

nothing just intimate the bar councel and asked to stop the ur enrollment tempravorily there is no need

to suspend ur enrollment just stop it u can resume it any time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register