Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan Singh (SE)     01 October 2011

Livein with your ex-wife

Hi All,

I have a query for my Friend Ravi.
He loved a widow lady of having a son of 4 years, her age was 10 years older than Ravi.
Ravi did love marriage with her in arya samaj. After few months once their family came to know they sepaerated them with MCD due to name and fame in society. Now boy side parents are realxed they are searching good match for Ravi.

But Ravi is still missing her lady, after MCD 5 months passed, he started again visit her place secrately.
some time they gets physically involved.

Question is that, is this crime, if you again meet your Ex.? Is Ex can file any cases after MCD.
If she gets pregnant then what will happen? 

Learning

7 Replies

Rohit Sharma (Software Engineer)     01 October 2011

As far I know, if she has mutual understanding then its ok. Else she may file rape case, or maintence for her and her coming child.

(Guest)

This is wrong.He must make up his mind either to leave her so that his would-be wife does not get injustice or live with her likeher husband.If he loves her, he  should have the courrage to admit it before the society.This is not the way to meet her like a thief.

If she gets pragnent and if the child comes to the world he must do his duty as a father including maintaniing him and giving share from his self earned property.That will be more harmful for his so called NAME and FAME!

1 Like

Krish Narayan (Advocate)     01 October 2011

There is no bar for same divorced couple to marry each other again.

But before marriage If they physically involve, there are two possibilities:-

1. If she complains, a criminal case can be lodged for rape, cheating etc. against him under several fancy numbers of IPC.

2. After divorce, now both are competent to marry again. Hence the law will presume their cohibitation as husband and wife.

However meeting is not a crime, but this is controlled by the terms of settlement agreement. If she alleges that her ex husband disturbs her after divorce, then there is problem.

My suggestion is that it is danger for your friend to meet or physically involve with her. If she has any plan to or starts to blackmail your friend, his condition will become worst.

Once divorced, re-union in any form is not advisable and an invitation for another trouble.

Best of luck

Jayarajan

1 Like

(Guest)

Suggest your friend either leave her or marry her irrespect of anything.

Don't play with anyone emotions, It's a wrongthing.

If he plays with her only for s-x needs, Then there are so many option available.

If he really loved her, Then rule applicable " Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya".

So guide him accordingly.

Regards,

Abhinatre Gupt.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 October 2011

I agree with Utpala.

Why ruin lives and play with emotions, why not have a backbone to stand by what you did.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Chetan Singh (SE)     07 October 2011

Hi , I talked to Ravi personally yesterday but the story comes out more tragic. see Below:

Ravi Statement:-What you all suggest, If my past lover who is now my ex-wife ,filed 498a,blackmailing for dowery on me. The reason for that  she had a son of 10 years and she is handicaped of 10 years older than me.

The whole story starts here , before 4 years back her wife was a sister of Ravi's friend.Ravi was visited regularly on his frined home because he likes his sister nature. Handicapted lady was music teacher in a school but 
salary was less. Ravi was doing job in Delhi so the lady came delhi in Ravi's home to serach good job for her after 2 years in 2010. There they statred liking each other and develpoed realtionship.

After three months when Ravi comes to know that his parents has done marriage fixed for him , he was in tension what to do becuse he also dont want to loose her lady. He had not able to get coureage to talk for his situation infronts of his parents since lady was 10 years older, phsically handicaped,10 years son.

Finally, he decided to talk his lady but she started crying and showed love towards him and said she will commit suicide if he not do marriage with her. Also she promised she will not interfier his life in his second marriage. Ravi did arya samaj marriage in March 2010 with that lady and went for enagagement for second lady who is selected by his parents. 
After the 10 days of engagement her wife filed cases on him 498a,blackmailing etc. Ravi booked in jail for 15 days. After that MCD happens as posted above.

Now Ravi is living life as a hell , very frustated. Some times wants that cruel lady bak in his life.
But parents said if you meet her again we will leave you .As a result he is meeting that lady hide and seek manner.

Chetan:I have suggested him serch new lady but he says after hearing this big tragedy who will accept him. 

Please advice what you will suggest?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 October 2011

My reply remains the same. 

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register