LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogi   24 June 2016

Live license disputes - mumbai

i have given my flat on live and license for 12 months period with 6 month lock in

licesee has given notice and vacated in 15 days time ( instead of 30 days as per agreement )

also there was a clasue for parking, in case not available in the socieity for ANY reason,

licensor will compesate upto 50% provided licesee has incurred on actual basis and has evidence to back it up which he does not as he claims was paid cash, so he also disqualify here but kept deducting the amount / max allowed without providing any proof 

finally he vacates and now i have to pay back his security deposit after deducting last month rent which he did not ( though he vacated in 15days of these 30 days ), not paid electric bill and short paid for few months approx 15000 for parking charges over a period of 7 months or so 

now licesee demands his security in full except allowing deduction for 15 days license fee / ele charges ( instead of full month licensee fee + parking charges for which he does not have any back up + elec charges ) 

liceensee is threatening to file a law suit, not sure which court handles such disputes ?  

what is time frame such disptures are resolved in mumbai ??

do you need lawyer to file / defend such law suits in mumbai ???

pl advise what is my recourse is ???? 


 4 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     24 June 2016

did you get back possession to the house? is there any evidence that possession has been handed over to you voluntarily? if no, my suggestion is give him his deposit and close the matter; get back your property. one possession = 10 suits!

yogi   24 June 2016

yes, i have the possession ( no issue here )


shekhar (proietor)     24 June 2016

If you have registered the agreement and submited to police station then you can fight. But better to leave it

siddharth bhagat (Business)     25 June 2016

Ans. Before ur question pls understand the word is leave not live. If u got possession and with security deposit, you don't to go in any court. Just place a WRITTEN complaint to nearest PS and also send CC to mumbai CP. Without any verbal discussion.. Otherwise police might be threaten you.. Cut reasonable rent & charges that he supposed to pay from his security deposit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register