Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Live in relationship-Whether hubby can be booked for rape?

I am seeking the general Information Now a days there is rise of live in relationships in which the boy and girl lives like a couple and definately there must be relationship develops during the course of stay. My query is that whether the girl can booked case on her hubby for rape on the pretext of false promise of marraiage, despite of fact that their relationship was only formal?

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 July 2011

@ Author

Yes.
But not as being her "hubby" as they were living as live-in without performing usual marriage ceremonies and are treated as TWO ADULTS where one says to another it is sour grapes pop Crl. Section of RAPE gets attracted
J  

Flip above even in normal marriages a wife can cry RAPE but here it is called as “marital rape” and then the word HUBBY gets the media pounding so what you are researching today as “fool proof” is all in the MIND of a bachelor. Think positive the Garden of Eden is wide open for two adults to freely roam around Apple trees till eternity otherwise 41 gender biased Law hai na……

1 Like

priya (student)     06 July 2011

if boh are in live-in then question of legal action for rape should not arise but if it does its a sad situation for the whole law system.

ANGOOR SAHI ME KHATTE HAIN!

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     10 July 2011

forcible s*xual inercourse even by husband amounts to rape

he can be booked under section 406 also

Vishwa (translator)     13 July 2011

Remember, all Indian women are saints, descended straight from Sita and they NEVER indulge in consensual man woman acts. Even if you touch them, it amounts to rape and you can be arrested and sent to jail. Not to worry, they have excellent jails nowadays, you can enjoy TV, homecooked meals and stroll around partaking tea and namkins with the jailor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register