Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobha (none)     02 April 2011

Live-in Relationship

Hi,

i have been separated from my husband since the last 1.9 months and we had signed judicial separation notarized on a 100 re stamp paper. Later we have also applied for mutual divorce in court officially last month. Now my husband does not want divorce and started harassing me mentally by phone calls, threats, obscene messages and what not!
 i gave statement (NC) to the local police station with all proofs asking for my security. Now i dont want to re-marry but wish to have a live-in relationship with my best friend. What can be the odds here? How can my husband legally harass us ? Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     03 April 2011

you first get the earlier husband divorce thereafter marry  or live in together. you can file also 498a

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     04 April 2011

@Shobha

As @Shiek mohd. said correctly you have to get out of your existing matrimony first. Unless you do not divorce your husband, you cannot opt any live-in as it would detriment your own case and you might land in trouble. Live-in is certainly your right though not when you are in matrimony.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

Dinesh mehta (fresher)     15 April 2011

SHOBHA. is it like, that ur so called best friend is reason of ur seperation.. since how long u have relation with ur best friend ? u have hidden some facts..

b'se in one case , i remember, wife had before mrg illegal relation and she continued it even after mrg, and thus cheated husband.. in that case husband filed case of cheating.. so if that applies to ur case .. u may face difficulties..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register