It would be really useful information if we have a list of all the LPOs in India, perferable with the kind of work undertaken by each LPO
vivekananthan (Advocate) 13 June 2008
in bangalore lot of LPO's are there. Now Infosys, Wipro, Honey well are also started their LPO's at Bangalore. Other than this some new LPO's are there they are Epitome, Cerebra, Clutchgroup, Atlaslegal, Comat, Srotas, Manthan Systems, Tusker, PnB etc.
In Chennai there are some LPO's but one LPO training Center is there at chennai. Law Wave this company is providing effective training for lawyers to work in LPO's. otherthan this LawBridge, Corpuslegal and some other LPO's are there in chennai.
SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate) 14 June 2008
Guest (n/a) 09 August 2008
dear sir , i am a lawyer regd with the bar council of west bengal. I have practised law at calcutta high court for a few years. am presently working with a
bpo in mumbai as call centre executive for the last two years. you can view my profile at monster.com. I want to know about the lpo scenario in india and job opportunities therein.
gautam moitra , advocate.
Shree. ( Advocate.) 09 August 2008
The Top Ten Legal Outsourcing Companies in India:
1. Pangea3 is a Mumbai based outsourcing firm. Its legal work includes contract drafting, legal research, drafting of court documents for filing in US and UK courts, patent applications and monitoring, and document review and analysis.
2. G B Law Solutions is a Delhi-based firm offering a gamut of legal services that include Legal Representation, Legal Research and Analysis, Legal Transcription, Legal Drafting, Coding and Documentation Service.
3. King, Stubb & Kasiva, based in New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata also offers BPO services to cater to the US and European markets.
4. Legal Source is a legal firm offering specialized solutions in Transcription, Coding, Document Management, Scoping, Billing, Secretarial and Paralegal Service. It is based in Chennai.
5. Economicalservices.com is a New Delhi-based firm that is involved in both Legal and Paralegal Assignments.
6. Trustman Legal Outsourcing is a leading law firm based in New Delhi, it offers BPO services related to Transcription, Coding, Document Management, Scoping, Billing, Secretarial and Paralegal services.
7. LegalSonic is a Chennai based company that is now increasingly becoming involved in the Legal Process Services space.
8. OfficeTiger is a leading global BPO services provider. This New York based company has a BPO facility in Chennai that offers Legal services among other things.
9. Thuriam BPO & Knowledge Services is an established BPO and KPO. It also offers Legal Transcription services and Legal Consulting Services that include, Legal BPO, Legal Documentation and Legal Research.
10. eCase Solutions works out of a world class facility based in Gurgaon, on the outskirts of New Delhi. eCase offers paralegal services, word processing, legal and business research and other case management services.
And few others:
Guest (n/a) 14 August 2008
I am searching for LPO training centers, please help me.
I am residing in Bangalore
I need teaching centers in bangalore itself.
Please do the needful.
Most of the work that is being outsourced in the LPOs is first level document review. Only a few have climbed up the value chain. While it is an attractive proposition, we should take care that we dont sacrifice the thirst for legal knowledge at the altar of commercial success. A classic example if students leaving their studies midway when they get highly paid jobs in call centres. LPOs are a great way of agumenting your knowledge of the international legal justice system particularly the legal system of the country that you are working for. Although in US, Document review or "contract lawyer" jobs aren't viewed with much prestige, nor are they typically recommended as the optimal start to a successful legal career, the same work is being sought after by legal professionals in India, largely due to the cost benefit they enjoy over their US counterparts and the advantage of being trained in the US legal system.
Guest (n/a) 19 August 2008
it seems that you have not gone through the recent developments in LPOs, please let me know the source of your information regarding the list of top 10 LPO's.
Shree. ( Advocate.) 19 August 2008