Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hanumanth Gowda (NA)     25 February 2015

Limitation of time to sue aganist sale deed & gift deed

Dear all

I have a question, please anybody can advice me

My grandmother had gifted half of total ancestral property (inherited by her father) and also sold remaining half of ancestral property to one of her daughter by executing gift deed and sale deed respectively in the year 1993. My grandmother is the only daughter of my forefather.

My Grandmother had 7 children, without obtaining consent from all other children she gifted and sold her ancestral property to one of the daughter.

My question is

1.      Whether those deeds are valid under court of law?

2.      The documents are executed in 1993, at the time of execution of documents I am 10 years old. I am a grandson (son of another daughter). I am right now 30 years of age, we are not financially very sound to sue at that time itself. But I still also in position. Can I sue right now? Whether limitation of time applicable?

3.      Can I sue in the court against the documents are invalid and not taken on record and request to old position?

4.      If limitation of time applicable, can sue a partition case?

Learning

2 Replies

shrivaishnavmukund   26 February 2015

Sir Limitation period is over, now succession act defer as for caste, as you have failed to mention the caste, so unable to direct you.

There are few difference under Hindu succession act, indian succession act, and other. 

Hanumanth Gowda (NA)     27 February 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply, I am a Hindu Vakkaliga

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register