Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreeni (Others)     20 March 2013

Lift switched off from 11 pm to 8am

Dear Sir,

There is a strange issue that we the residents are facing in our apartment complex. The lift  is switched off at 11PM and is switched on on next day 8.00 AM everyday. The reason given by the association is that "lift makes noise when peopleuse in the night and hence we are switching off". My query here is if any medicalemergency arises during the night hours and ifsome thing happens to the residents, who is accountible?

Please help me undersstand if I can go leagally to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Sreeni

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     21 March 2013

you need to write to the society about such problems and ask them to get the maintenance of the lift done to resolve the problem of the lift. incase they fail to do so then you need to serve them a legal notice through an Advocate.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Sreeni (Others)     21 March 2013

Thank you sir for the reply. I will write to the society in this matter. Regards, Sreeni

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 March 2013

Rohit  is correct

Sreeni (Others)     22 March 2013

Thank you sir for the reply.

-Sreeni

sudhakar.RVS (Advocate)     23 March 2013

Sir,

Becuse of noisy sound " lift can not be sitched off and put on next day is not tenable in argument by the association and not a healthy practice  . Any association is ment for the welfare of the residents.  Any irrepairable damage occures to any of the resident in the apartment, the association is legally accountable to meet the damages occured. 

please request the association people ,not to indulge such unhealthy practice and to maintain good relations with all ,failing whicg a notice may be served to them. Even then no improvement is observed ,a legal notice may be served against them .

SUDHAKAR.RVS

ADVOCATE, HYDERABAD

Sreeni (Others)     23 March 2013

Dear Sudhakar sir,

You rightly  said that any damages/medical emergencies occured to residents has a severe consequences. I always used to argue with association - what do people do if heart attack occurs to residents who are staying in upper floors during odd hours. But association took things so lightly.

As sugegsted I would request the association once again not to indulge such unhealthy practice and would take further action based on the results.

Thanks again & regards,

Sreeni

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register