Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lakshmi (Housewife)     17 August 2015

Life interest settlement deed or gift deed


Can you please share life interest settlement deed format.

I have tried looking for it in the internet but have not found any relevant one.

My father wants to transfer the rights of his property to my minor children, as Iam his only child. After considering gift settlement deed and life interest settlement deed, I decided to go ahead with the latter. This would allow him to enjoy the properties during his lifetime and thereafter would go to my children.

Please correct me if Iam wrong.

And please share life interest settlement deed format.

Thanks in advance,





 3 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     17 August 2015

Your father make a WILL and the said WILL registration at Sub-Registrar office, it's best way for you.



lakshmi (Housewife)     18 August 2015

Thank you for the response. We will consider this option as well.However, is there any way I can get to see a draft or contents of a life interest settlement deed. Thanks in advance.

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     21 August 2015

A. You have two option with respect to the same.

1. Your father can execute a will in favour of minor by registering the will or without register the will ( it is your option)

2. You father can execute gift deed in favour of yourself and thereafter, you can transfer the same to your children after the attaining majority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query