LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathya   14 December 2021

Life certificate for power of attorney

I principal executed my POA to my Dad in Mar 2012 to buy land. He purchased with the POA, now again in 2021 I decided to use same POA to buy another land, som lawyers are saying that life certificate of principal is mandatory to buy land. Is it mandatory even to buy land? Can you please throw so light for better understanding?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 December 2021

Yes. It is a must now. A life certificate is one of the most essential documents that pensioners can possess, to receive their pension without hassle every month. The pensioners get their due money from Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) like the banks, the post offices, and others.

Aryan Raj   14 December 2021

In response to your query,

If you're using a POA it is mandatory for you to submit the proof to the sub-registrar that the principal is alive. Any authorized medical practitioner or gazzeted officer can issue the life certificate.

Now you are using the same POA which was previously used in 2012 but POAs are only valid for 6 months therefore you will have to get a new POA and for any POA document you have to have the life certificate. So yes it mandatory to If you're buying a land.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register