LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Kumar   24 November 2023

Liability of parent if kid damage society property

If a kid accidentally cause damage to a society property, can Society ask parents to pay damage? What are legal remedial option available to parents to fight legal case against society 


 3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     24 November 2023

Kindly ask for By Laws and make application regarding this to Sub-Registrar, Registrar, Assist Commissioner, Commissioner and Ministry of Co-operative Department regarding fine and provide Act & Rules for same.

you can file complaint against society before registrar 

if no action is taken by society take legal proceedings against society before cooperative court to set aside order imposing fine 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 November 2023

The loss to the property of the society has to be compensated by the person who has damaged it.

He cannot claim innocence nor he can refuse to repair/ compensate the damages. 

Why should the society bear the loss due to your problem.

Whether it's accidental or intentional,  there's a damage to the property and it has to be rectified,  hence it is natural that the person who caused this should undertake the responsibility to rectify it. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 November 2023

You have not posted the material facts. However, irrespective of the legalities, is not the parent morally liable?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register