Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legality of legal advice given by law student

Hello,
Right now I am a law student, as I look my surroundings many people wants legal advice , And I know their answers properly with proper knowledge of law as compare to an complete advocate , So legally can I give legal advice through social media platforms to the Indian citizens or not?
do BCI prohibits to give legal advice exept registered advocates , and highered authority??

Learning

5 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 May 2021

any one can give legal advice if it will useful to others. no hurdle on it

Patrick Akhilesh   27 May 2021

Yes, you can legal advice if you have proper knowledge of the same.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 May 2021

The line between "legal advice" and "legal information" is often blurred. As a general matter, only a lawyer may give actual legal advice, whereas any non-lawyer may recite legal information. Furthermore, it is generally illegal for a non-lawyer or unlicensed attorney to offer legal advice or otherwise represent someone other than himself or herself in a court of law.

(Guest)
As per my knowledge appearing in court without license is not allowed but giving legal advice if we study the law properly then this act is not prohibited , as per my knowledge

sneha jaiswal   29 May 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
For the query you posted, I would suggest that:
Yes, any law student can give legal advice but it should be useful to others as well as given with proper knowledge. 
For safety or to avoid any legal proceedings in the future, a law student can mention that it’s their suggestion and for further guidance, they can consult a lawyer while offering advice. With this, liability may shift to the seeker because they would have choice to whether take or avoid that legal advice given by law students.
Hope it helps
Regards,
Sneha Jaiswal
Law Student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register