Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishabh (Regional Manager)     21 July 2012

Legality of job offer letter

Hi everyone,

i am currently working for an organization which is a major player in payment processing industry. When i joined this particular organization i was made to sign an document (not on a stamped paper) which mentioned that i can not join any organization which is related to my current company's field of operation.

Now i am getting a far better offer from a company who are also in the same field and my current organization is not ready to raise my salary (even during March no salary revision took place which i think is a norm).

I need your expert advise on whether my current organization can procesute me if i accept the offer from the other organization.

I also came to know that they are drafting a new agreement which would prohibit me from joining any organization remotely related to finance industry (involving banks). Is this legal ?

Learning

1 Replies

Atuliya (Student)     22 July 2012

Without reading the contents of the Appointment letter it is difficult to say something specific for a generic query raised by you. Nonetheless the company cannot prohibit you from taking up another job offer even if it is similar to the job you are doing now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register