IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai bharathi   12 May 2017

Legalities for coversion of muslim boy to hindu

Hi all  Iam going to marry a muslim guy whose mother is hindu and father is muslim with acceptance of both familes .As he is close to his mothers side he was close to the hindu culture so now he  wants to change his name to hindu in order to not to disturb future generation. What are the legalities to be done is this case. 


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 May 2017

reconversion is simple,he is already a Hindu by having been born in this country. contact any priest who will do a Shuddi ceremony with chanting thythareeya upanishad, denoting acceptance of Hindu faith. Proudly take a Hindu name of your liking. A simple advt in papers and an affidavit before a Notary Public is sufficient to complete the legal formality. The advt would be like this “I ….s/o Shri…., herby declare that I have converted to Hindu faith and adopted the name……..Henceforth I shall be known by this name.
Signed befor Notary Public.
In Bangalore all Notary Public will do this for a nominal fee.
Welcome to Hinduism, your ancestral faith.

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     12 May 2017

Your friend has  to change his religion before undergoing the process of changing of  name. For that he can follow the process mentioned in the above given answer  but the change of religion has to be notified, so that he can change it in all his legal documents etc. After changing religion as per the customs, it need to be notified in Government Gazette also.

sai bharathi   12 May 2017

thank u sir .What about the certificates he is already having the muslim name ,he got job in para military so is this conversion process will effect that?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query