LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tikki   01 August 2016

Legal separation

I was in a 4 year marriage with my Husband in US before he left me in India and withdrew my dependent pass. Now I am stuck here from last one year but he refuses to communicate.

I got admission in a US college and now have a chance to apply for study visa. However, my visa got rejected stating that my husband is already there and I intent to migrate. He is not willing to divorcee and is not ready to respond.

I want to know

1. what is the process of filing legal separation, can I file it alone and would it be granted if he does not respond?

2. How long does it take for the process.

3. as a proof of separation from my husband, what other documents I can furnish in my next visa interview?

Thank and regards,



 2 Replies

whatnot   01 August 2016

Once rejected US allows you to apply after duration of 6 months with new papers.

But results will be baised though they(US) states to the contrary.

Your study will be on hold, unless you pursue same in different country.

Establishing connection with estranged spouse is most important even if it invovles swallowing pride and condone previous acts.Invovle family without any act of revenge or reproach

Men will be men, Need bit ego pacification, they will come back. Once under your cloud, do what you want.

Legally you have few time consuming courses.

1. RCR, win exparte (though this site has aversion to RCR , it is one peice of document that starts your releif process) in 2 years time.

2.Then wait for an year and apply Divorce. Win on exparte.




Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 August 2016

File a divorce on ground of cruelty as he left you and win it exparte. Max it will take 1 year

Warm Regards

Adv. Nitish Banka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query