LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhasmita pattanaik   30 August 2021

legal remedy for financial exploitation from a boy by giving him assurance to marry.

If a girl repeatedly by giving fake promises to marry , exploits a boy financially and emotionally,now the boy is facing emotional setback in his life.
what are the legal remedies for this kind of problem?


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 August 2021

Forget the girl and settle in life somewhere else. It is not a legal issue.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 August 2021

Meet a counselor and get rid of stress. Thank God for showing you the true colors of that girl well in advance, without harassment after marriage. Learn a lesson from the past. Do not protract and lose mental peace on bygone unfortunate financial loss.
1 Like

DEshik   31 August 2021

Respected Expert sir, My father and his brother ( A & B) hold a joint Demat account in which shares worth Rs. 15 lakhs is held. My Father ( A) died without a NOMINATION, without a WILL. I am the only child of my father. ( Son of A) . Now my uncle (B) is not willing to give me half the share of the shares held in the demat account, saying that I am not entitled to shares in the joint demat account of my father. He is saying "He is not legally bound to give any holdings to the the legal heirs of the expired joint holder", and his stand is "Upon death of a joint holder in a Demat account, the whole holdings in the joint Demat account becomes the sole property of the surviving holder in the Demat account" Please advise me can I claim half of the shares held in the demat account please ? Respected experts, please advise me am I not entitled to the half the shares held in the demat account? My humble thanks

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 August 2021

Mr. DEshik, post the query in a separate thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register