Legal remedy

Hi Learned Counsel,

Can you please tell me what remedy I may have in case where 

“Where neighbour is continuously wasting water in his house. And they never try to save water.”

Is there any legal remedy available in this concern.

Retired employee.

A citizen must have civic sense and has a right to use the water for which charges are paid to the authority.  It may appear for him essential and for others it may appear as wastage and the observation is relative.  There is no legal remedy against such mania and attitude of individuals that do not affect other's rights.  Only infringement of other's rights may amount to an actionable claim.


Retired Manager

In this case, you do not have any legal right/remedy against your neighbour unless you can.prove that due to his wasting water, you are not getting water or the water let out by them watefully is inundating your property or surrounding your property.


If above precondition to take legal action isn't there, at the most you can complain to municipal authorities.




You can address a letter to the local municipal water department and inform them of the water wastage. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x