Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

murali (SA)     25 July 2021

legal process to distribute the death claimed amount by the nominee to other heirs

My mother 75 age passed away in March 21. She has 5 LRS. 1elder son, 4 daughters. Iam 4th daughter She has been staying in her husband house in Hyderabad. Iam staying beside my mother's house and taking her care by appointing a maid. She nominated me for her bank account and bank authority entered my name as nominee in the system 2 years ago. 3rd daughter who stays 10 kms away has the latest bank pass book of Andhra Bank and I have 1 year ago passbook of Same bank account. And now Andhra Bank merged to Union Bank. All accounts are now came under Union Bank. After death of mother I approached Union Bank they gave me a NEW UNION BANK PASSBOOK of my mother. I have claimed the balance of 8 lakhs by enclosing necessary documents and LATEST NEW UNION BANK PASSBOOK without intimating 3rd daughter and other heirs . Bank authority settled and transferred the entire amount to my account. Now they got this message and 3 daughters (who not taken care of my mother) came to me and told without intimating us you cheated us and got transferred the amount. they are claiming their share and brother denies told let the amount be in my account. How to distribute legally this amount. What is my duty. can I deposit this amount to the court ask the court to settle this dispute.

 1 Replies

STUDENT.... (.......)     25 July 2021

Better Option if there was no will Nominee is just a Trusty and cannot take the whole amount for his benefit.

In that case prepare a family settlement agreement along with witness and get it signed from all the legal hires and issue them payment in way or bank transfer or cheque so that no one can file claim in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query