Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jathin Aggarwal   29 June 2022

Legal procedure to get back my mobile phone from police station

Legal procedure to get back my mobile phone from police station

I got quashed from Supreme Court under section 376,420,417.

District court disposed the matter against me. And issued I the final order copy.

I want my mobile phone back from Police station. Please guide me the Procedure.

1. What is the procedure step by step to apply.
2. Can I apply myself or do I need any lawyer.
3. What all documents required willing filling the petition for mobile phone.
4. What will be the maximum cost via lawyer or myself.


 1 Replies

Anila Sabu   30 June 2022

Dear Querist,

  • You must first submit a superdari application through an advocate to have the court release your cell phone.
  • Then, you must annex your mobile phone bill and your identification document so that IO can check the information based on those documents.
  • After that, the magistrate will issue an IO status report indicating whether or not your phone should be freed.
  • The magistrate will then issue a release order based on the status report while submitting an indemnification bond at the police station.

Though you can apply by yourself I would advise you to go through a lawyer to avoid any complications.

The cost would defer from case to case and lawyer to lawyer. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query