LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu (Software Architect)     03 July 2011

Legal or Illegal drainage

I had purchase a row house year back. Our society is only row house society, and I 'm second owner of this row house.

Recently I came to know that the another society, society of flats that is beside our row house society, have their drainage line attached to drainage line of our society. And my row house being the first row house towards the society of flats, their connection starts in my row house land. Both of these society was built by same builder, in different years - flat society is new compare to ours. But note that they are different societies.

Now my problem: Either because row house drainage system was designed and built for row houses (essencially being small), or maybe due to some other issue in flat societies drainage system. I always have dirty smell in my house.

Can I legally block their (flat socienty)  drainage line coming to my row house? And  am I or my our society legally bound to  provide drainage outlet or flat society?

Thanks in Advance

Learning

3 Replies

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     03 July 2011

Hi...

you should contact  and file compliant to the local municipal office in  your area for illegal connection of drainage.

reply By: Shaulabh Shah Advocate.....www.shaualbhshah.com

1 Like

Himanshu (Software Architect)     04 July 2011

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree, I think that's what my first step should be. 

Based on what is the cituation, to me it seems unreasonable that some other society uses my/my societies drainage line, and I guess it should be illegal. But in discussion with one of my friend, he told me that by law one cannot block someone's drainage. Is there any such rule?  Will there be any standing if I go and complaint to Muncipal Corporation?

Thanks again

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     04 July 2011

Hello...

No one has the right of illegal connection of draiage. You should contact  municipal corporation and/or  you may tell your society to do the same thing.

Shaulabh Shah Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register