Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arvind (Promoter)     02 September 2013

Legal opinion needed

hello there,

there is a bit of confusion in assessment of type of unit for commercial usages of electricity by rseb (rajasthan state electricity board), below is the details of unit holder;

a friend of mine started a goat unit for milk and wool purpose 3 years back, he rented a place in rural area, it was a big plot with 2 room stay facility for a family, the house was provided by electricity by land lord of that plot. this plot has three different khasras, one here house is situated, other where goat+hand loom unit is situated and the other where bore well is made for pumping of fresh water. this arrangement was done by land lord.

last week people from rseb approached my friend and said, "we are disconnecting electricity from goat unit and bore well as the electricity was applied for one khasra (where house is situated) only, and you will have to pay the penalty for such resale of energy". and they disconnect electricity from two places.

later, another official from rseb said "no it is not the case of khasra, but you are having commercial activity from here (as the products were being weaved over handloom and were sold from there, my friend has 100 goats and 10 handlooms with a roller iron for finishing up the product, he uses electricity for, lighting up place, ironing product and lift water from bore well for animals and for home uses)".

the confusion is that, such kind of unit falls under cottage industry as per various government departments and is at very small level, it also falls under animal husbandry. are rseb people justified?

kindly suggest. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register