Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun   26 August 2015

Legal notice required before filing RCR ?

Hello, Got married a year n 4 months ago. After 3 months she left my home saying I don't take her out (which is false). Later got to know real reason that she was having affair. Relatives n me tried to convince her. But in meeting she told stories that we never mated (false again) n I'm gay (false again) so she doesn't want to come. After that meeting 10 months gone in silence. Now that more than one year is over, we approached for mutual consent divorce, they asked ransom (nothing was given or taken in marriage, still...) We conveyed that we won't give anything. Now, they are playing games, saying she's ready to come. Met a lawyer, he's suggesting to send legal notice first then only we can file RCR n then she'll not come actually n then we can file divorce case... Or they may get ready for mutual consent divorce. Please suggest whether RCR can be filed directly (in court) or need to send legal notice (from lawyer) first ? Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     26 August 2015

dear arjun your lawyer is right but my question is why rcr first of all.i doubt that it will serve the purpose that you intend to acheive.better file a contested divorce straight away

Arjun   27 August 2015

Thanks for reply. The intention of doing it is a hope that with notice they may agree for mutual consent way which is faster. Because if I go with contested way it'll take more time. Please suggest if it's not OK

(Guest)

better go contest case :-))

or go for MCD if you have plenty of money.

Your life, your decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register