Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharamveer Nimiwal (Computer Engineer)     23 November 2013

Legal notice from tata photon regarding bill payment

Respected Sir,

I purchased  Tata Photon in Sept 2012 and had issues with the speed so I asked the customer service to disconnect the number immediately. However they didn't disconnected it till Jan 2013 and Now I have received a legal notice from an Advocate in Delhi, asking me to make a payment of double the amount of the bill.

Please let me know if I need to bother about such notices. I have received three notices with different bill amounts.

Regards,

Dharamveer

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2013

You have made the mistake which majority of the citizens make.

The citizen/customer should issue orders to disconnect in writing under proper acknowledgment and obtain complaint/Transaction/unique number……………..from office/customer care.

If you have the customer care call detail: date, time then mention that despite your lodging the compliant there was no redressal of grievance and speed was not restored and despite your order to disconnect the connection is not disconnected.

Let the reply to the legal notice be by your lawyer and let your lawyer affirm that jurisdiction is your location and not Delhi.

TRAI has issued detailed guidelines for the protection of consumers and same are available at its website e.g;

TRAI Consumer Protection Guidelines, FAQ, Broadband Quality of service regulations

The decisions given by Dist, State, and National Consumer Disputes Rederessal Commission for this and all companies can be downloaded from:

Confonet

confonet.nic.in/

Attached File : 46292269 faq.doc, 46292269 broadband quality of service regulations bb 26-10.pdf, 46292269 trai consumer protection guidelines.doc downloaded: 256 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register