Legal notice from lawyer-urgent pls

Hi All, I have received the legal notice from my wife's lawyer asking for Divorce. In that my wife is asking divorce and her lawyer is asking reply from me with in a week? and also her lawyer is telling if u dont give reply you have to face costs and consequenses.Pls advise If I dont give reply what will happen?Thanks for quick advise.


be happy,, that wife asking you divorce...better give divorce her.. speak to her.. do it mutualy..


You also meet your lawyer and send a reply accordingly to that notice. There is nothing to worry. The costs & consequences are not a big issue. There is a major issue of your matrimonial life......... Try to solve it..........


I agree with Mr. Aman.


Mr. Amam is right.......

You should reply to this legal notice through your lawyer. You can state reasons and ask for time. To do this lawfully, you need a seasoned lawyer. Disclaimer: My legal advice here is not final and it can only be final when I personally read the legal notice served upon you. Advocate Pooja Hegde R.

She approached a lawyer to issue a legal notice to you demanding certain reliefs from you, you also approach a lawyer and send her a suitable reply through her lawyer.


Hi All, If I dont send what will happen? Please advise.


If you do not wish to reply the notice now, then you have to reply the petition filed by your wife. So it is better to defend now by building a great base to stand on a defensive evidence, and defend accordingly  to the petition being filed by your wife.


You can reply to the notice on your own.


Simply you can deny all the allegations in clearly worded 'denial of all allegations'

i.e. "all the stated assertions which depict and impute that you have some something wrong or you are blameworthy' are frivolous, untrue and false and rather they are defamatory, and you are not liable for any costs for any notice whatsoever.


Send it to the lawyer by RPAD and also a copy to your spouse by RPAD. and just wait!!!!


Don't give your explanation or defense at this time.


else they would come up with some other allegations!!!! while filing the suit!!!


Also do not make any counter allegations.

Just say you have utterly hurt and depressed and disappointed.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x