LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legal notice from lawyer-urgent pls

Hi All, I have received the legal notice from my wife's lawyer asking for Divorce. In that my wife is asking divorce and her lawyer is asking reply from me with in a week? and also her lawyer is telling if u dont give reply you have to face costs and consequenses.Pls advise If I dont give reply what will happen?Thanks for quick advise.

Learning

20 Replies

fighting for my brother (HR)     31 December 2013

be happy,, that wife asking you divorce...better give divorce her.. speak to her.. do it mutualy..

Aman ( )     31 December 2013

You also meet your lawyer and send a reply accordingly to that notice. There is nothing to worry. The costs & consequences are not a big issue. There is a major issue of your matrimonial life......... Try to solve it..........

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     31 December 2013

I agree with Mr. Aman.

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     31 December 2013

Mr. Amam is right.......

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     31 December 2013

You should reply to this legal notice through your lawyer. You can state reasons and ask for time. To do this lawfully, you need a seasoned lawyer. Disclaimer: My legal advice here is not final and it can only be final when I personally read the legal notice served upon you. Advocate Pooja Hegde R.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

She approached a lawyer to issue a legal notice to you demanding certain reliefs from you, you also approach a lawyer and send her a suitable reply through her lawyer.

(Guest)

Hi All, If I dont send what will happen? Please advise.

Aman ( )     31 December 2013

If you do not wish to reply the notice now, then you have to reply the petition filed by your wife. So it is better to defend now by building a great base to stand on a defensive evidence, and defend accordingly  to the petition being filed by your wife.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     31 December 2013

You can reply to the notice on your own.

Simply you can deny all the allegations in clearly worded 'denial of all allegations'

i.e. "all the stated assertions which depict and impute that you have some something wrong or you are blameworthy' are frivolous, untrue and false and rather they are defamatory, and you are not liable for any costs for any notice whatsoever.

Send it to the lawyer by RPAD and also a copy to your spouse by RPAD. and just wait!!!!

Don't give your explanation or defense at this time.

else they would come up with some other allegations!!!! while filing the suit!!!

Also do not make any counter allegations.

Just say you have utterly hurt and depressed and disappointed.

(Guest)

Hi All, Thanks for quick advises. As you suggested, my lawyer sent reply to my wife's lawyer legal notice.Please advise what would be the next steps? how many days it will take to get Divorce from my wife? When I have to file Maintaince case ? before Divorce or After Divorce.Marriage happend on 22-12-2013. Thanks for quick response.

Sreedhar Reddy (Lawyer )     10 January 2014

Reply of notice should be in proper manner and it should disclose a set facts of ur defence you want to rely upon. Reply is must its holds good if she goes to family court. All the best

Reply of notice should be in proper manner and it should disclose a set facts of ur defence you want to rely upon. Reply is must its holds good if she goes to family court. All the best

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register