LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

k.kumar raja (advocate)     12 December 2009

legal notice

my client opened an curent  account in the madura bank the yar of 1995 and not operated the a/c.subsequently the bannk was amalgamated with icici bank ltd.after that he often receiving statement of a/c.each and every  stament  they noted  my  client is a defaulter due not maintaining the minimum balance and subsequently the bank increses the amount.this matter was taken to my knowledge in the year 2007.i have given a notice that a/c is inoperative a/c.hence the a/c stands cancel in the year of 2007 itself.but still my client receiving stament of a/c from the bank.what is the next move against the bank to defend my client.                                  please reply                                                                 advance thanks to everybody.


 4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     12 December 2009

Make written representation with the bank and clear all the facts therein praying therein to close the chapter failing which serve a legal notice which is more than sufficient for ICICI bank.


A Bank can not cancel your client's account. Suggest your client to become operative his current account deposit some amount. If the Manager doesn't accept his request ask him to give in written. With that written statement ask your client made complaint with banking Ombudsman.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     15 December 2009

 As your client has not signed an upgradation form to up grade account as per rules of ICICI, irrespective of account operative or not, they can not charge him.

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     15 December 2009

mere not using the account for so many years has not absolved your client from  any liability  from the same specially when the ICCI after merger informed your clien about imposition of  penalty. You better negotiate with the Bank and ask for waiver on promise of making the account operative.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query