FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     12 November 2014

Legal notice

Hi All, I have deposited money some purpose in 'A'  account. but purpose is not full filled and 'A' is not giving money. 'A' s place is 'X' and my place is 'Y' . money deposited through check and issued from 'Y' s place bank. But am working in 'Z' place. 1) Can I send legal notice from 'Z' Place and file civil suit in 'Y' place. Please advise, Thanks for ur time.


 4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 November 2014

yes you can.....................

SANJAY GUPTA (Advocate)     13 November 2014

yes you can.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 November 2014

Sec. 20 of CPC deals with territorial jurisdiction:-- You have to file suit from the place where cause of action (wholly or in part) arose or from the place of defendant.  It is the option of the plaintiff.  To be short you can file suit either from X or from Y place. There is no jurisdiction rule for giving legal notice.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

You can sen a notice from the place desired and you can file the civil suit at your jurisdiction .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query