LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.VENKAT (retired)     15 October 2013

Legal heirs certificate-no ration card

I want to get legal heirs certificate. The deceased died in chennai. one of the documnets need is ration card. but the deceased has no ration card. He has PAn card, bank accouont , Passport(expired). can anyh of these will do ?


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 October 2013

Yes. Any residential prove is required.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     15 October 2013

If The deceased had no rational card , no problem file an application with appropriate court fee affix on it , give the names ,age and with their relation with deceased , affadivit in support of legal heir , death certificate and submit It in the sdm office of your area , sdm will send these documents to tehsildar and The tehsildar will order to patwari of your area to enquire into the matter , after enquiring the matter patwari will submit his report to tehsildar and tehsildar will made a legal heir certificate and send the same to sdm office , collect It from there .

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     15 October 2013

1.pan card , passport , aadhar card , votor id card fulfil the conditions of residence proof.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

To obtain a legal heirship certificate important document is the death certificate of the deceased and any document to show the proof of his residence immediately before his death.  Submit the application attaching thee above two documents to the jurisdictional Tahsildar, who after an inquiry by VAO/Revenue Inspector, based on their reports, shall issue the certificate desired.

Jisha (Editor)     21 October 2013


I need some help.  My husband died on march 8 of this year.  I stay in a 2-storied building.  The ownership of the building is shared by my husband and his brother.  Our family stay in the ground floor and my husband's brother stay in the first floor.  I applied for a legal heirship certificate from thaluk and i got it.  Now, i need a residential certificate to apply for rationcard and water connection.  I forwarded my application for residential certificate to panchyath with copy of my husband's death certificate, legal heirship certificate from thaluk and a no objection letter from my husband's brother, but they want heirship certificate from village.  Is there any need of  heirship certificate from village if i already have a legal heirship certificate from Thaluk.  Please guide me.



Markandeya raju   05 February 2016

It is compulsory to claim anything which belong to the deseased. Movable properties= sucession certificate Immovable propeties= legal heir. If the deseased is a govt employee MRO will isue the same . if not have to file suit for the same before court feel free to call 9966997614 for more info- Adv. Markandeya Raju

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query