LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indranil Mukherjee (housekeeping lecturer)     16 September 2010

legal heir right.

Respected Sirs,

My deceased father owned two flats in kolkata,one of them has a tenant living there,both properties are in my fathers name.Now that he has died suddenly and haven't got the time to make me a nominee or whatsoever,i went to the court after his death and obtained an affidavit stating that i'm the only survivor,legal heir and succesor of my deceased father,which is true to my knowledge(both my parents are dead and i'm the only issue of my parents).Now,i'm in urgent need of money,and,wish to sell or mortgage the above mentioned property.I'd like to know whether i'm eligible to do that or not with the affidavit in hand.Please reply soon.

Thanks in advance.




 2 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     16 September 2010

what u r required to do is to obtain succession certificate from Civil Court  and thereupon producing certified copy of the same before revenue authorities, ur name will be mutated in revenue record and other records making a mutation entry stating the property to have been inherited by u. u may contact any good civil lawyer over there

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     17 September 2010

U obtain a succession certificate from civil court otherwise u give a application in Society / Association / Corporation with your affidevit / declaration for u r only legal heir of these property.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query