LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

test123456 (ITA)     19 June 2011

Legal Heir of property

We are 3 siblings. I have 2 elder sisters and I am the lone son. My Father purchsed a land on his own and I helped him construct a house  by arranging a loan of 3 lakhs from bank the rest was put by my father. The land is on the name of my mother. After my marriage my mother started saying that she will give the entire property to my elder sister. I just want to know how should the property be legally divided among the three of us and who is eligible for how much share.

Learning

3 Replies

vinoddinpur@gmail.com (vinoddinpur@gmail.com)     20 June 2011

FIRST OF ALL THE PROPERTY AS U SAID IS ACCQUIRED BY YOUR FATEHR SO UR PARENTS CAN GIVE IT TO ONE OUT U THERE..

AND IF THERE IS NO WILL THEN IT WILL BE DIVIDED AMONG ALL OF U THREE AS PER THE HINDU SUCCESSION ACT 1956.. AS PER THE AMMENDMENT IN 2005 FEMALE MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY ARE LEGALLY ELIGIBLE FOR EQUAL SHARE IN THE PROPERTY....

test123456 (ITA)     20 June 2011

But I have paid 3 lakhs for construction of the house. So how can they give it to any one else.

Hari Prasad (service)     25 June 2011

I am divorsee,My son stays with me.My FIL has three daughters.He has two Flats worth 2 Crores.Can my son claim the right in the property for the share of his mother in the FIL property.

Please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register