Legal Heir Certificate in Delhi

My mother died in Delhi recently. Where do I apply for a Legal Heir Certificate

in Delhi and what are the Documents required to be submitted ?  Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     26 March 2010

family tree must required and some proof for identification

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 March 2010

If you want to get succession certirficate you will have to file a suit for declaration in the Civil Judge ( junior Divsion) court at Delhi.  I dont know details of the courts in Delhi, better make an enquiry with the local lawyer.

If you want to legal heir certificate you will have to file an application before the concerned Tahasildar of your area. 

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     26 March 2010

Dear Author,

u can contact me at 9871158578

M.N. Gopinath (Asst Manager)     27 March 2010

yes, definitely approach the nearest Tahsildhar Office.    They shoud give it within two or three weeks after a personal inquiry by the concerned officer.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     28 March 2010

MR.RAJIV K.LAKSHMANAN'S query was legal heir certificate for that Mr.LAKSHMANAN you need to file suit for decleration not succession as suggested by MR.RAJIV.succession is only for debts and securities,MR.RAJIV look at s.372 of INDIAN SUCCESSION ACT,1925

in so far other advice iam not sure M.R.O/ TAHASILDAR is competent to give legal heir certificate but for the purpose of claiming pensionary benefits of deceased by legal heirs if deceased is a goverment employee,plz check local law in this regard

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register