Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Legal heir certificate

i am thane.I have following quiries.

1.How to obtain Heirship Certificate from court please explain breefly.

2.what will be court fees.

3.what document i need to produce.

4. is it nessasary to produce that in 3 years from date of death of relative.


 11 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     15 December 2012

yes you need to approach the Bombay High Court for legal heirship certificate.


There is a limitaion period of 3 years within which you needto apply.


You may call on 9324538481 for further details.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia


Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     16 December 2012

Mr. Parihar

you have to approach civil court of your district. file petition as per indian succession act. court fees is decided by the judge as per the amount of property in question.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     16 December 2012

so far as document are concerned you need to show death certificate of one from whom property you want share. secondly must show the document showing your relation with deceased like election i card.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     24 December 2012

Hi Suresh,

I have expalined this query in other links.

I am provising the links here, hope it'll make everything clear.


Feel free to contact us for more clarification.



Atul Suryavanshi

Managing Partner  JC Law Firm

Mobile- 09923552956


B Indira (Manager(F))     29 January 2013

What is the procedure to obtain legal heir certificate in general and not related to ant property from the court

gk (Service)     16 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Good evening!

My cousin sis residing in Mumbai, she is trying to obtain a legal heir certificate since her father expired. And she made a query with somebody in Mumbai and he/she informed her that "its not easy here in Mumbai and will cost a huge amount ......Sir could you please guide me whether its so complicated in Mumbai to get this certificate and is it so expensive (how much it costs maximum/?)

Your response will be much helpful to get at least an idea on this regard.

thanks in advance




Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     19 February 2013




If your sister could provide the documents which shows relation with her father (Ration Card / Voter ID / Passport ) then its quite easy to file case for heir certificate. Stamp duty depends upon the total value of the property.


Feel free to contact if further help is required. 



Atul Suryavanshi

Managing Partner

JC Law Firm

Mobile- 09923552956


Pearst (.)     31 August 2013

Dear Sir My cousin in Mumbai lost her husband who was working in Kuwait as a clerk. In order to claim end of benefit dues from the Company she has to produce a Legal Heirship Certificate. Can anyone help guide find a genuine helpful lawyer Thank you.

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     31 August 2013

i have emailed you. please check your email.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



Adv. Madhuri (Advocate )     09 September 2014

can we obtain the legal heir certificate from tehsildar office for immovable property. It is regarding transfer of ownership of late father. The property is regarding the khardanda mumbai. pls guide. Its realy crucial !

Anuj (Properitor)     10 September 2014

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of north bengal ,district Coochbehar, village Bakshirhat.A year ago my grandfather passed away. What would be the procedure if i want to sell of or transfer the property in my name.I have some questions.Can u please help me out with these questions??

1.Do I need a legal heir certificate??

2. Do i need a sucession certificate?

3. As my father and grand mother is not alive do i need a no objection certificate also??

4. what would be documents for the legal heir certificate?

kindly help me out with theses that i can move ahead with the proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register