LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dvnathan@ovi.com (dvnathan@ovi.com)     29 August 2011

Legal heir certificate

I live in Gurgaon. My parents lived in Chennai. My father and mother expired in 2005 and 2006 respectively. I have a sister who is settled in USA. My question pertains to Legal Heir certificate.

I need to get a legal heir certificate for various purpose such as closing a bank account held by my parents, get a locker vacated, and maybe sell an apartment which is in mine and my father's joint name. My parents did not leave any will. 

Where should I apply for the legal heir considering that I have no residence proof in chennai except the joint ownership of the appt. I have never lived in chennai. 

Also what other documents do you need to complete all the above. I have a General Power of Attorney from my sister.

Please somebody help. 

dvnathan

Learning

5 Replies

ashwani vij (head)     29 August 2011

you have to apply for letter of probate from distt court where immovable property is situated n take rd from ur sisterDownload: eType1.com/f.php

dvnathan@ovi.com (dvnathan@ovi.com)     29 August 2011

Many thanks for your reply. What does RD mean when you said take "rd from your sister". 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 August 2011

You obtain the death certificate first and apply for the survivors certificate by filing an application and affidavit before the concerned revenue officer at Chennai and get the survivors certificate, on the basis of that certificate you will have to get enter your and your sister's name to the property.

For movables you will have to file prbate and succession certificate in the Dist., court, but your sister's siganture is necessary, if she is not available then there another method to file this case.

ashwani vij (head)     30 August 2011

RD means relinquish deed from your sister that she dont want to inherit anyth out of her parents property and forfeit his share in your favour.

advocate Ashwani Vij {New Delhi)

09810400448, 09999981563.

ashwanivijlegal@gmail.com

V.BASKARAN (OFFICER)     08 December 2012

Dear Sir,

MY AUNTY (FATHER SISITER) SUFFERING MEMORY LOSS ( DIMENSIA) NOW SHE IS 80 YRS OLD AND GET TAMILNADU GOVT PENSIONER. HOW TO APPLY LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE TO MY FATHER AND WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT NEED ENCLOSED LEGAL HEIR FORM . ONLY PENSION IS REVENUE FOR MY AUNTY.

KINDLY REPLY PL.

THANKS

V.BASKARAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register