30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Theresa Margaret Dsouza (Houswife)     21 May 2022

Legal heir certificate

Dad passed, Mom passed away last month in Mumbai leaving behind a small land property in Mangalore, Karnataka. We siblings are born and brought up in Mumbai. Now we need to get legal heir certificate. From where have we to apply for Mangalore or Mumbai. What is the procedure and how long will it take to do so. what are the documents required. Please help me with the solution...


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     21 May 2022

You have to apply in Mumbai where you all brother sister born and presently residing.Adhar card, Ration card, voter I.D card and death certificates of your parents are required for obtaining legal heir certificate.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 May 2022

It is Mumbai area Tehsildar /SDM to issue LR certificate, which is to be generally applied on line, please seek assistance of local lawyer.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 May 2022


As per my opinion, you have to approach the Mangalore courts for getting a legal heirship certificate or Tahsildar/revenue officer competent under Karnataka state's law. Contact advocate in Karnataka. In Mumbai, the court will not issue a legal heirship certificate in your case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query