LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 July 2010

Legal Heir certificate

Respected all Sirs/Madams,

Can any body give me the answer for this query.

The property is situated at Pune. The family only son is permanent citizen of Australia. The property is in the name of her late mother. Now the son wants to obtain legal heir certificate to take over the property on his name. Where can he submit the petition to obtain legal heir certificate ? His father is alive in India.


 3 Replies


Is the property land or a flat in a cooperative society! if it is a flat - please check for nomination. Since the father is alive the legal heir certificate will be issued in the son's and father's name. However, if the nomination is recorded, the nominees, he can get the flat transferred (transmission) in the records of the society on the basis of the nomination.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 July 2010

Mr. Vasudevan,

Thanks for your reply. The flat is under owners apartment (Condominium). But not under cooperative society. The father present residence in Hyderabad.

Markandeya raju   05 February 2016

It is compulsory to claim anything which belong to the deseased. Movable properties= sucession certificate Immovable propeties= legal heir. If the deseased is a govt employee MRO will isue the same . if not have to file suit for the same before court feel free to call 9966997614 for more info- Adv. Markandeya Raju

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query