LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (dddfs)     02 September 2015

Legal heir certificate

Where can i get a Legal Heir Certificate of my Grandfather who expired in 1991. I only have his Death Certificate got from Muncipal Office in 2010 after due deligence. I have a property on his name which was eventually written by his children on my name through a registered "Release Rigths" document. 

Most of the buyers need this Legal heir certifcate to purchase. Where can I get this.

Im in "Andhra Pradesh". Any help will be welcome and Fees paid for.


 6 Replies

antim   02 September 2015

Apply in the office of your tahasildar...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 September 2015

One can obtain legal heir certificate by filing such application before Tehasildar (MRO) and the office sends Revenue Inspector to make inquiries and can issue legal heir certificate.

However, when registered relilnquishment is available, no buyer insists such LHC, which have no legal necessity.  This certificate can be obtained easily depending on follow up maximum within a week.

Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     03 September 2015

Expired on 1991. more than 14 years delayed....... file the suit for declaration of legal heir and obtain the legalheir certificate from thasildat.....


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2015

For legal heirship certificate you have to visit the local revenue department/tahsildar.  Since the delay is more that 20 years, you may not  get one however you can approach a court of law seeking the remedy.

1 Like

Adv G V Reddy (Advocate and Consultant)     11 September 2015

It is here by suggested to approach to civil court of your jurisdictional lacation by filing pettion for succession certificate in this regard 

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 September 2015

Kalaiselvan sir is correct 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query