Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dillip Rout (Student)     10 June 2013

Legal case 144 report

Hi,

There was tracepassing construction in my land by my neighbour. When we tried to stop them, they had forcefully charged us violently and threatened us. I complained in Police station. There was a stay for 2 days and police questioned all of them and taken undertaking. After someday they again started the construction. When we tried to stop them again there was a fight. My brother reported to it police and police came & stopped the work. When police went out they again start the work on the same day. Again we reported to police but since then there was no action.

So finally we hired a lawyer and put a 144 case. According to the case police should verify the place and put a red flag within 10 days. But nothing like that happened. Police came after 20 days and asked for money. Still there was no report send to the court according to our lawyer. The Lawyer is asking us to go the police and urge police to do it.

I don't think this is a way to do it. Please suggest me what to do next. Should I make a complain against the police in SP office.

thanks,

Dillip Rout

Learning

1 Replies

Divya (nil)     11 June 2013

Hi, In such scenarios where local police shows non-cooperation, always act ahead....I mean send them complaints but mark seniors in CC & all seniors of ur city & if u want even NGO'S or political parties too if u know who help innocents...Never leave any option unattended...

U can also send online complaint to ur police chief of that city..Or u can send a letter to several high police officials & keep ur local police station in copy...

I have never found police totally supportive for all citizens as they may either be influenced wrongly or may not be aware fully on law....So in such scenarios, always better for ur safe side to go higher up in the chain coz u never know if u have to approach the court door...Take photos as proofs too.....

If people make illegal structures, they can be broken too easily by anyone be it municipality, police or thru court orders...

Nevertheless also check with municipality & escalate the matter thru written correspondence only, it will save u & help u if they also dont act as COURTS r helful above all provided u get a knowledgable advocate to help out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register