LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legal Advice urgently

hello learned members i havfe one question. i have been using pirated software in our business. in our business generally we use pirated software. few days back some people came to my office and said this is raid and checked all the softwaresthey said that they are from the software company. they took  almost double money of software price. and also settlement money which is too high... they also threat me that they ll raid again. now i ve issued a cheque of 200000. so now my question is can i stop payment that as now i dont wish to use the software again. i already uninstalled the same from my pc. what other procedure i can do if they ll harrass me? is there any legal way to stop them if they harrass me again. please reply asap. thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     21 February 2011

the piracy matters rights all the owner of the software, once you piracy copy used or installed in your system your doing wrong, so they will rights having to fine and penaulty also. if you dont want to further use,  they no body take rights.

Shailendra prasad singh (Lawyer)     21 February 2011

tell 1 Q. Mr. member, they come in ur business premises with local police or not.
if not ( u r not mention this in ur given post ) then u gonna be doing a very foolish thing as u given them a cheque of Rs. 200000/-.

Out of Court (Consultant)     21 February 2011

Though you did wrong once you enjoyed  the prohibited material without consnt of the authority , but indeed it would be a follish act while overlooking the points of  Mr. Shailendra Prasad as you handed over the cheque without verifying the appropriate authority  ...

ADV KAMAL JADHAV BANGALORE (ADVOCATE)     22 February 2011

i am agree with  out of court.

without seeing how can you have to gave money/cheque for unknown person?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register