LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prijesha Shetty (Sr Software engineer )     29 June 2013

Legal advice for Divorce [Private question by P Shetty]

Regarding Divorce. Me and my husband had been married for almost 6years now. We have 2 beautiful daughters. My life was better until 3 years ago. I was married to a person better to tell as a s*x animal. All he wants from me is s*x and money that I earn. He forces me to do oral s*x. He never accept my feelings. He wants it even during menstruation. My husband is uneducated and is a vehicle repair man. He eats pan and all. He is also not educated. I am software engineer working at ambattur. I can bring my daughters well with my earnings. Here are my questions... Will I get divorce under these circumstances? I am still living with him. Bearing all the torture and pain. Only for my children. Will I need to produce proof to prove the above points? Will mutual conset be fast than other options? Will the court register my husband as a criminal and punish him? I don't want this to happen.. I want to live peaceful without him.. Thats all.. I have given lot of money to him. I don't want any of that... Just freedom.. Please guide...


 6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 June 2013

 He is an uneducated vehicle repair man and you are a sr. software engg... then how come you marry him ??? I am puzzled......!  Didnt you know this before marriage? Anyways, MCD will be much faster and will free you in 6 months. If your husband is not ready to divorce you, then file for divorce on the ground of cruelty. Whether you will get it or not depends upon facts, circumstances and evidence brought on record. You will have to prove it. However, it can be compromised to MCD afterwards. Court will not punish him. Consult a good local lawyer.

1 Like

Prijesha Shetty (Sr Software engineer )     29 June 2013

I knew what his job was. He was so kind caring and loving person. I was just cheated with his acting of fake love. It all happened when I was in college. I got pregnant while studying. I was happy because he was going to be a good father. But things changed. If any advocates from chennai reads this please contact me. I am looking for a lawyer and preferably a female lawyer. Thanks very much for your answer.

Prijesha Shetty (Sr Software engineer )     29 June 2013

Archana ji are you from chennai?

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 June 2013

No Prijesha ji, I am from Maharashtra.

1 Like

sachin (manager)     30 June 2013

Hi Friends, I got married last year on Dec 11,2012 and my wife was back to her parents on 25th dec 2012 . Since then iam facing problems from my wife and her parents . They ill treat me and my family and also spread wrong rumours about us. Its been 6 months now that iam not living with my wife. She is at her fathers place. She doesnt want to live with me nor does she want to give divorce to me and had started.I would like to know when can i apply for divorce and what would happen if my wife refuses to give me divorce.her parents have started blackmail to my family for the money otherwise they are going to police.they have given demand also in written. Let me know the way how I can get divorce fast and easily or I need to fulfill their demand???????

Prijesha Shetty (Sr Software engineer )     30 June 2013

Sachin ji, Please start your own thread. You are hijacking my question. It's not a good idea. Thanks.. Peace...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register