LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jit (Team Lead)     27 September 2013

Legal action against mental torture


One of my friend got married 2 years ago. After marriage she has been subjected to various kind of mental torture from time to time mainly by her husband. His husband is a very aggressive and abusive kind of person and keeps on abusing and humiliating my friend without any reason. She tried her best to adjust with everyone. But recently her husband has started threatening her telling that he will tell people that she has illegal/extramarital affair with others, she steals money and other valuables from house etc. Now she is very scared and not able to decide what to do. So I want to know what are the legal steps she can take to protect herself. Also, if her husband brings illegal relationship charges against her how strong it would hold in legal proceedings? Any kind of help suggestion is appreciated. You can reach out to my inbox



 4 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     27 September 2013

Does she really have such relations?If your answer is "NO" then no need to worry.He has to prove the allegations he has brought. He is committing  mental cruelty on his wife.

Now what you friend wants?Divorce or wants to continue the marriage will decide next course of action.

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2013

Yes this is mental torture! Domestic violence , & or 498a ,maintainable in your case! Go to nearest police station n complaint there. It is very tough to prove extra affairs,and if he says without evidence mean mental torture prove it self.
1 Like

Jit (Team Lead)     27 September 2013

Thanks for your reply. off course the answer is a big "NO". As of now she hasn't decided anything on separation or so. But i think this is the only way left for her.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     27 September 2013

As per to you she haven't any extra marital relation,she is loyal to her husband if so then no need of worry ,let her husband to prove the allegations, her husband is doing mental cruelty /domestic violence on her. What she wants now, divorce or to give him a chance to save their marriage ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query