Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monica   18 May 2016

Leaving with first wife without marriage.

Hi,

I got married in Nov. 2014 and after one month of month  marriage my Husband throw me out and beaten me .. and it was his secondand  marriage and thrown me out from house he decied to live his life with his first wife.  They already got divoced. But now they are living together in same house. i am still his legallly wedded wife and he is not ready to accept me...

Kindly tell me the process what i can do in this can what are my rights and what punishment he will get after doing this illegal activity.

Regards

Learning

9 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     18 May 2016

First give a police complaint that ur husband has beaten u and having illegal contact with his divorced wife.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     18 May 2016

First give a police complaint that ur husband has beaten u and having illegal contact with his divorced wife.

Born Fighter (xxx)     18 May 2016

was it ur love marriage or arranged marriage ?

Why would a husband throw a second wife just after a month and then go back to his divorced wife is beyond imagination. Imp details of the case is missing...

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 May 2016

Your husband is living with his divorced first wife while your marriage with him exist shows he's committing adultery,he has even turned you out of matrimonial home, on these grounds you can seek dissolution of you marriage by decree of divorce. You can seek maintenance from him if you are unemployed and have no sufficient means to maintain your self. You can seek right to residence from your husband. He will be directed to keep you at the matrimonial home or provide you place of residence at his cost.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     18 May 2016

Living with ex-wife is adultery. You can file a case for Restititution of Conjugal Rights under HMA

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     18 May 2016

Originally posted by : Born Fighter
was it ur love marriage or arranged marriage ?

Why would a husband throw a second wife just after a month and then go back to his divorced wife is beyond imagination. Imp details of the case is missing...

A clarinet is better than a trumpet.

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     18 May 2016

Originally posted by : Vijay Raj Mahajan
Your husband is living with his divorced first wife while your marriage with him exist shows he's committing adultery,he has even turned you out of matrimonial home, on these grounds you can seek dissolution of you marriage by decree of divorce.
You can seek maintenance from him if you are unemployed and have no sufficient means to maintain your self. You can seek right to residence from your husband. He will be directed to "keep" you at the matrimonial home or provide you place of residence at his cost.

Sir, 

In this situation it is tuff to make out who is keep, and who is not, the husband, the old devil or the new devil.

@

It is ironic that your husband went back to his first wife, time for retrospection.

Options for you are,

1.  File divorce.

2.  File RCR.

3.  File DV case.

4.  File maintenance case asking alimony.

5.  File adultery case (which is very difficult to prove).

1-3 will take a decade and half to get over.  Item 4 is permanent case for life, if husband agrees for one time settlement then case will be over once he makes payment of full and final.

What I suggest is, you ask husband to continue relatinos with devil no.1 and continue marriage with you.  Adjust with the situation instead of going to courts.

A walk alone (-)     18 May 2016

Buy a video cam or audio recorder and first go to your husband home and try to enter there. If he dnt allow you then get everything recorded. Then file DV for maintenance and residential with the help of this evidence. With the help of this video or audio recording you can also file RCR. If you got residential order by DV then just collect the evidence of your husband with his first wife file adultery or other case. But remember one thing court can never force your husband to life with you and court procedure is long time and money consuming. Dnt file any case without evidence.

(Guest)

No court can force your husband to live with you and abandon his lover. He will do so only if he wants to. If you file any cases on him he will never want to even see you. You will be left fighting cases in court for atleast 10 years and still get nothing. STAY AWAY FROM LAWYERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Discuss matter with husband like an adult. If he does not want to stay with you ask for a divorce on mutual terms and ask for some compensation from him. Stay calm and negotiate a compromise that is reasonable. File for mutual divorce and be done with this loser in 6 months. Get out of this sh*tty situation and find a new situation where you will find happiness in a loving relationship. Once you go to court you are guaranteed to stay floating in this sh*t for another 10 years. Lawyers will try very hard to convince you that they can file some case and make your husband fall at your feet - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. They are lawyers, they make money by filing and fighting cases, they do not give a sh*t about your life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register