LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Ray   29 March 2016

Leave rules under probation period

I am an Asst. Professor of a Central Govt. Institution under MHRD where the duration of probation is two years. As my PhD thesis is on the verge of completion I need a leave of 3 months but I cant apply for study leave as I am under the probation period.

Kindly suggest me any way to get the leave of absence without a service break.

Thanks in advance



 6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 March 2016

see whether you have accumulated any earned leave but you cant combine casual leave and earned get a clear idea refer to leave rules for central government

Rahul Ray   30 March 2016

@saravanan s

Sir I have accumulated some earned leave but which is not sufficient enough. EL and CL can not be clubbed. If the authority allows clubbing then also it wont come three months ans the amount of CL is only 8 in a year. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 March 2016

GO thru leave rules.

The authority can sanction atleast LOP.

Rahul Ray   01 April 2016

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
GO thru leave rules.

The authority can sanction atleast LOP.

In that case will there be any service break? If yes, does that have any effect on my job?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 April 2016

Approved/sanctioned leave does not cause break in service.

Probation period may be extended.

All of your queries can be answered by you as well.

Only requirement is self study of rules or consultation with senior employees, employee's forums etc

compliance   27 May 2016

clear this issue from expert advisor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query