Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dk (owner)     26 April 2012

Leave rules under delhi shop & estabalishment act

Dear Friends,

A common problem I am facing with my clients is regarding Leave Rules under Delhi Shop and establoishement Act, is whether weekly off and Holidays are to be taken as Leave while calculating off days e.g. if someone is on leave on Saturday and Monday, is Sunday to be taken as Leave.  If yes, under what section/Rule, if not, under what section.

I am of the opinion that Sundays and other Government Holidays are to be excluded from the Leave availed as in the case of Factories  Act section 79(2).

Kindly advise with suitale reference as my clients demands evidance before implementing.

dkgupta

Learning

1 Replies

shailendra kumar (retired govt servant)     27 April 2012

even in the govt an individual is entitled to take a prefix or a suffix but not in between. otherwise the holidays or sundays are counted against leave when a long leave is taken. off days are after a period of continuous work  to give a break to an employee and not due to continuous leave. salary is paid for off days. so if an individual wants to take continuous leave then holidays or sundays should logically form part of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register