LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Leave during notice period

With respect, I am presently serving notice period at a PSU. I was on leave for 08 days on medical grounds but I donot have any medical leave/HPL balance in my leave account. However, I have earned leaves in my account. Am I eligible for 08 days salary?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

siddhartha sinha   29 October 2015

Leave rules vary from employer to employer. Check your employer rules.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 October 2015

There are various enactments/statues that are applicable to each establishment/employer/employee.

Service conditions/Leave rules can not offer inferior benefits than provided for in the enactments, but can provide for superior benefits vide sweet will of employer, negotiatted settlements,standing orders,service rules and regulation etc.

Therefore relate everything.

In any case assuming that there is no leave balance, employer may treat it as LOP and encash EL in FnF settlement.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 June 2017

The HR of establishment may act according to applicable rules.

It may sanction leave, and may not pay salary if there is NO leave balance (under category say as mentioned by you) and pay leave encashment for EL.

The employer by its decision may agree to decide not to deduct salary.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2017

By now you would have related with applicable rules on medical leave and leave encashment.

You might have submitted your representation to HR and employer and expressed your request......................as per previous posts..........................might have recieved a response ad closed the matter.

The query is about 1 year old.

Member has deleted the account.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register